The Battery Report 2022
Co-authored By: Charlie Parker | Published on January 15, 2023
This report summarizes the most significant developments in the battery industry. Crowd-sourced from top industry and academia experts, this report seeks to provide a comprehensive and accessible overview of the latest battery research, policy, and business landscape.
Ultrasound Inspection Optimizes EV Battery Manufacturing
By: Charlie Parker | Published on November 16, 2022
- By collecting real-time ultrasound-based inspection data, manufacturers can implement responsive in-line corrective actions, saving time and reducing waste.
The $25,000 Electric Vehicle: How OEMs Achieve Mass Market Success in the EU and USA
By: Charlie Parker | Published on June 1, 2022
- OEMs including Tesla have stated the need and plans for a $25,000 battery electric vehicle (BEV).
Powering the Drive to Zero: Unlocking Public and Private Capital for the UK Battery Sector
Contributions By: Ratel Consulting | Published on May 10, 2022
- In its latest report, the CDRT looks at the opportunity to invest in the burgeoning global demand for EV batteries, which will underpin the future of road transport.
Electrode Manufacturing: Comparative Analysis of Wet & Dry Production Technologies
By: Charlie Parker | Published on March 30, 2022
- Significant $/kWh cost reduction from material technology is becoming more difficult as we approach theoretical gravimetric density limits and cost floors of raw materials.
A Tale of Two Chemistries: Battery Manufacturer’s Strategies for Winning both NCx and LFP Markets
By: Charlie Parker | Published on March 26, 2022
- By 2030, up to 84% of BEV sales may have non-NCx (eg. LFP) cells, a change from near 0% in EU and North American markets today. This shift is driven by the inherent advantages of LFP over NCx chemistries in terms of cost, safety, reliability, and ESG.
The Battery Report 2021
Co-authored By: Charlie Parker | Published on January 8, 2022
This report captures the most interesting developments in the industry in 2021. It intends to serve as a comprehensive and accessible guide to battery research, industry, talent, policy, and predictions and foster conversations on the state of batteries and their trajectory for the future.
Road To Zero: Unlocking Public and Private Capital To Decarbonise Road Transport
Contributions By: Ratel Consulting | Published on November 10, 2021
- The inaugural Coalition for the Decarbonisation of Road Transport (CDRT) report sets out the results of a focused review of the complex and wide-ranging barriers to realising road transport decarbonisation, building on existing research, international best practice, and extensive conversations with experts from across the road transport ecosystem.
Thinking Outside of the Cell: How Battery Adjacent Technologies Can Catalyze Mass EV Adoption
By: Charlie Parker | Published on November 7, 2021
- Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs) are a growing but still niche segment in passenger vehicles because of unmet consumer demands for range, safety, and price.
Gigascrap: The Path To Matching Li-ion Production & Recycling In Europe
By: Charlie Parker | Published on March 27, 2021
- The European Union/European Economic Area (EU) proposed battery regulation seeks to create a closed-loop, cradle to cradle battery production ecosystem with mandatory, traceable recycling and recycled content in lithium-ion batteries.